Hilton Head Island is home to a few residents and visited by millions every year. With average temperatures in the 70s, golf, restaurants, and nearly 12 miles of beach access, it’s no wonder why this is a popular vacation spot.
Fun Facts About Hilton Head Island, SC
Let's get to the facts...
- Hilton Head has fewer than 40,000 year-round residents.
- The island has 2.5 million visitors a year.
- The island is 12 miles long and 5 miles wide.
- The adult turtles that come on the island can weigh up to 400 pounds and live to more than 100 years.
- Hilton Head Island has it’s own airport.
- There are more than 250 restaurants on the island.
- Local words are uniquely pronounced…
- In the last decade, bird watchers have seen over 350 species of birds on the island.
- There are no neon signs on the island.
- Hilton Head has over 50 miles of public pathways and nature trails.
- The island has no public transportation system, but you can rent a bike to ride around.
- The island has 10,000 bike racks where you can lock your bike.
- There are 24 on-island championship golf courses for you to play.
- The red and white lighthouse was never intended to be a real lighthouse — it’s a tourist attraction.
- Hilton Head Island is bigger than Manhattan (but Manhattan has 40 times more people living there than Hilton Head):
- The allegators on the island can grow up to 12 feet long.
- The island has over 300 tennis courts.
- Baynard Mausoleum is the oldest structure on the island (built in 1846).
- Hilton Head has 6 public marinas.
Learn More About 6 Iron Clad, Hilton Head Island's Premier Luxury Beach House Rental
6 Iron Clad is a fully renovated luxury beach house rental in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Featuring nearly 5,000 square feet of usable space, top-of-the-line amenities, ocean views, and private access to the beach, there’s no better place to vacation on Hilton Head than at 6 Iron Clad. Click the button below to view available dates and book your dream vacation home rental now! View the home, see amenities, read reviews, or read more about the home and area.